Brookhaven Dog Bite Lawyer
If you have suffered from a dog bite or another animal attack, Georgia laws provide you with recourse, potentially entitling you to compensation for your losses. Navigating these legal procedures is best done with the assistance of an experienced Brookhaven dog bite lawyer. Contact Zagoria Law today to schedule a free consultation. You can also gain insight into your legal options by reviewing the following background information.
5 Key Points About Georgia Dog Bite Laws
The specifics of dog bite cases can be complex, but understanding these five key points can help you comprehend the liability for dog bites.
- Georgia’s statute holds owners responsible when a vicious or dangerous dog causes injuries.
- A dog is deemed “vicious” if it wasn’t on a leash in violation of city, county, or local ordinance.
- A prior bite or attack serves as evidence of the dog’s vicious nature, and the owner can be held liable for their negligence in managing the animal.
- The victim’s misconduct is also a factor in a Georgia dog bite claim. You cannot claim compensation if you were trespassing when attacked, or if you provoked the animal.
- Georgia’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases applies to dog bite cases. You have two years from the date of the attack to file a lawsuit in court.
Trust a Dog Bite Lawyer to Safeguard Your Rights
While a summary of the laws is useful, it’s essential to understand the importance of obtaining strong legal representation. At Zagoria Law, our team has extensive experience in pursuing dog owners and securing fair compensation for your losses. Please call 404.653.0023 or visit our website today to schedule a no-cost case evaluation with a Brookhaven dog bite lawyer.