South Fulton Dog Bite Lawyer
Dogs are a beloved choice of pet for many families and households, but it’s crucial to remember that they are animals whose behavior can sometimes be unpredictable. Fortunately, Georgia’s dog bite laws offer legal remedies for victims. You may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses, and Zagoria Law is ready to help. Our team has a wealth of experience in representing victims, underpinned by a comprehensive understanding of the pertinent legal principles. Please reach out to us to arrange a free consultation with a South Fulton dog bite lawyer who can clarify the process. A brief legal overview may also be beneficial.
Understanding Georgia Dog Bite Laws
In Georgia, liability for animal attacks is governed by a specific statute, which essentially covers two dog bite scenarios:
- You can seek compensation if you can demonstrate that the dog was vicious or dangerous, and that the owner knew or should have been aware of this. Additionally, you must prove that the owner was negligent in managing the animal, such as allowing it to roam freely.
- The law also applies in situations where a local ordinance, such as a city or county rule, mandates that dogs be leashed.
However, it’s important to note that your behavior is also a factor under dog bite laws. If you were trespassing or provoked the dog at the time of the bite, you may be ineligible to claim damages.
Possible Compensation in a Dog Bite Claim Monetary damages are determined by the victim’s losses and the various impacts they endure following an animal attack. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including costs for surgery, hospital stays, psychological counseling, cosmetic procedures, and other related treatments;
- Lost wages if you were unable to work due to your dog bite injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress; and
- Damages based on how the animal attack has affected your quality of life.
Our team at Zagoria Law will handle the necessary legal tasks to ensure you receive just compensation for these and other losses. The first step in the legal process is filing an insurance claim. We’ll strive to negotiate a fair settlement. If the insurance company denies your claim or makes an inadequate counteroffer, our Atlanta dog bite lawyers will take your case to court.
Contact our Georgia Dog Bite Lawyer Today
Although victims of animal attacks are entitled to compensation, the legal process to obtain the damages you deserve under Georgia law can be complex. Zagoria Law is ready to tackle these challenges. Please call 404.653.0023 or visit our website to arrange a free consultation with our South Fulton dog bite lawyer today.